This course aims to improve your knowledge and skills in handling long term absence.
We will look at best practice in absence policies, and the practical steps that you and your managers should be taking in managing cases of long term absence.
Delegates will also learn about the new free Government ‘Fit for Work’ Occupational Health service for employers and employees.
The session covers the following areas:
- The law and the steps you need to follow
- Identifying the causes and the potential costs of long-term absence in your workplace, including stress
- Collecting data and information
- What to include in an absence policy
- Increasing confidence amongst your managers or supervisors
- Communicating with and responding to staff who are absent from work
- Holding informal meetings and return to work interviews
- Considering reasonable adjustments
- The ‘Fit for Work’ service and how it will operate
- Terminating employment due to long term absence