- What is absenteeism and what causes it
- Identifying patterns of short-term absence
- Benefits of an absence policy
- Line manager skills, consistency, communication and fairness
- Statement of Fitness for Work (the fitnote). Are these binding? What can an employer do on receipt of a fitnote?
- Absence management and the legal landscape: maternity issues; fit notes; unauthorised absence;
- Return to work interviews and further action
- Dealing with short and long term sickness absence and setting triggers
- How to manage long-term absence. Keeping in-touch and access to medical records
- Identifying potential stress & mental health issues
- disability discrimination; reasonable adjustments; discipline and dismissal,– what you can and can’t do and what resources are available.
Acas offers comprehensive, authoritative and affordable training you can trust.
We are at the forefront of developing and improving Employment Relations, people management and HR practice in the British workplace. We have been one of the leading experts in this field for over thirty five years and we work every day with organisations large and small. This unique experience brings valuable insight to our training and good practice events.
Our expert-led training sessions are designed to enable discussion and interaction and our comprehensive range of advice and support services ensure you get additional back-up for your workplace if you need it.
Workplace training available: If you have a larger group of staff to train Acas can also tailor training for delivery in your workplace. To find out more: Contact our Customer Services Team on 08457 383736.
Our delegates said:
"Very good informative course; will help with best practice implementation." HR Manager
"Very informative session - a lot of information learnt." Commercial Team Leader
"I recently attended a Managing Absence at Work event and found the content to be exactly what I wanted. I was so impressed that I have now booked seven of our managers on the course to be trained on-site". Manager, Car lease, hiring and servicing centre
If you are booking on this event you might also consider attending this linked event which is in the same location on the same day